To watch previous Engagement Sessions or Speaker Series Events, follow the links below.
The engagement sessions for the Re-Envisioning the MLS process were dialogues between students, staff, faculty, and the wider public about various topics chosen throughout the academic year.
The engagement sessions for fall 2014 were:
- Defining the MLS: History, Origins, and Foundations with Drs. Paul Jaeger and John Bertot
- Libraries and Archives are Information Technologies with Drs. Brian Butler and Doug Oard
Spring 2015 engagement sessions were:
- Why Libraries are Critical for Revolutionizing Learning: Insights from the Learning Sciences with Drs. June Ahn and Tammy Clegg
- Digital Curation: The Future of Archives? with Drs. Ricky Punzalan and Richard Marciano
The Speaker Series portion of the Re-Envisioning the MLS brought influential members of the information world together to talk about trends, current and forward looking issues in our field, etc.
The speaker series for fall 2014 included:
- Burn the Libraries and Free the Librarians with Dr. R. David Lankes
- YX: Youth Learning in a Digital Context: Implications for Library, Information, and Education Professionals with Dr. Mike Eisenberg
Spring 2015 speaker series were: